- New, centrally acting dopaminergic agents with an improved oral bioavailability;
- Physics Of Space Plasmas - An Introduction!
- European Telecommunications Liberalisation (Routledge Studies in the European Economy).
Rangeringen: 4. Please allow notifications to be able to download files. Block Allow.
- Product | Teaching Dancing with Ideokinetic Principles;
- Music History » Dance, Drid Williams (page 1 of 1) | Presto Books!
- Spirit Games: 300 Fun Activities That Bring Children Comfort and Joy;
- Online Teaching Dancing With Ideokinetic Principles.
Teaching Dancing with Ideokinetic Principles. Spara som favorit.
Skickas inom vardagar. Now in paperback, Anthropology and the Dance is a lively, controversial examination and discussion of theories of dance by the pioneer of the anthropology of human movement.
Drid Williams's definitive text is explicitly intended for graduate students in anthropology faced with the wide spectrum of theories of human movement, including the dance, sign language, martial arts, and rituals. With its groundbreaking approach to this previously unexamined field, however, Anthropology and the Dance brings the study of human movement to readers in fields such as philosophy, psychology, sociology, ethnomusicology, library science, physical education, history, music, linguistics, dance, and dance education.
Teaching Dancing with Ideokinetic Principles
Be the first to write a review. Add to Wishlist.
- Swan Lake, No. 2: Opening Scene - Score;
- Matrix Algebra Useful for Statistics (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)?
- WINTER INTENSIVE: ANNIVERSARY EDITION.
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Passage To Mutiny: (Richard Bolitho: Book 9) (Richard Bolitho 16).
Ships in 7 to 10 business days. Link Either by signing into your account or linking your membership details before your order is placed.
Passar bra ihop
Description Table of Contents Product Details Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book! In examining ideokinesis and its application to the teaching and practice of dancing, Drid Williams introduces readers to the work of Dr.
Lulu Sweigard — , a pioneer of ideokinetic principles. Drawing on her experiences during private instructional sessions with Sweigard over a two-year span, Williams discusses methods using imagery for improving body posture and alignment for ease of movement.
Online Teaching Dancing With Ideokinetic Principles
Central to Williams's own teaching methods is the application of Sweigard's principles and general anatomical instruction, including how she used visual imagery to help prevent bodily injuries and increasing body awareness relative to movement. Williams also emphasizes the differences between kinesthetic internal and mirror external imagery and shares reactions from professional dancers who were taught using ideokinesis. Williams's account of teaching and practicing ideokinesis is supplemented with essays by Sweigard, William James, and Jean-Georges Noverre on dancing, posture, and habits.
Teaching Dancing with Ideokinetic Principles offers an important historical perspective and valuable insights from years of teaching experience into how ideokinesis can shape a larger philosophy of the dance.